Milton Canada Day
Welcome to Milton Canada Day 2022
The largest attended one-day event in Milton will provide an array of exciting activities including fantastic live music, a wide variety of entertainment, diverse food choices, arts and crafts, fun activities for all ages, and the finale featuring spectacular fireworks under the stars. Come on out to the Milton Fairgrounds at 136 Robert St (Click here for map). to join in the festivities.
Gates open at
Fireworks Finale after sunset!
SPECIAL NOTES: We ask that you kindly leave pets at home. Gates will be open to the public at 2:00 pm. Admission is FREE, however, The Salvation Army Khi Community is happy to receive new, unopened, not expired, non-perishable food donations at this year’s Canada Day celebration. Our most needed items include rice, coffee/tea, crackers/cookies, tuna/canned meats, dried beans/lentils, & granola bars. Thank you to all those who continue to help us help our neighbours!
- 2:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Midway Open
- 2:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Beer Tent Open
- 2:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Live Entertainment on Main Stage
- 2:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Hands on Exotic Animals Exhibit
- 2:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Steam Era Exhibit
- 2:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Food Vendors Open 10:00 p.m.
- After sunset – Fireworks Display
- 10:30 p.m. - GATES CLOSED
- 2:00 p.m. - Finnegan School of Irish Dance
- 2:45 p.m. - Magic of Tyler Fergus
- 3:30 p.m. - Ashley Leblanc
- 4:30 p.m. – Gavin McLeod, ft. House of Chords
- 5:30 p.m. - Urban Cowboy Line dancing
- 7:00 p.m. - Transistor Radio 8:00 p.m. – Canada Day Committee
- 8:30 p.m. - $2 Bills
Finnegan School of Irish Dance
- The Finnegan School of Irish Dance has been teaching dance to children and adults in Milton since 2005. The goal of the studio is to provide instruction that encourages personal growth for every dancer in a supportive and inclusive environment. The studio strives to provide a positive setting for all dancers whether their interest lies in being a recreational student, a competitive dancer or a performer sharing their talents within the community. The Finnegan dancers have achieved success at both national and international levels of competition and can be seen performing and entertaining around Milton throughout the year. For further information visit www.finneganschool.ca or call 905-864-9239.
Magician Tyler Fergus is Milton's most talked about magician and two time Diamond Award winner for Best Family Entertainment 2017/2018.
- Ashley LeBlanc is an award-winning country music singer/songwriter born and raised in Brantford, Ontario. Singing Martina McBride and Shania Twain shortly after she learned to talk was the first sign she had a passion for music! Ashley’s sound can be described as Patsy Cline meets The Chicks meets modern-day Kacey Musgraves. She combines the heartfelt honesty of traditional country with the powerful vocals of Natalie Maines, and the lyrical craft of today’s country. In 2019, she released her debut album “The Luckiest Girl in the World”. Ashley performs most weekends near her hometown at summer and fall fairs, charity events, local pubs and breweries. In August 2020, her album won International Gold Album of the year at the (ISSA) International Singer Songwriter Awards, and her video for "Rain" won a bronze award for Best International Video. In 2022, she will be releasing a new full length album recorded in both Toronto and Nashville. Stay Tuned!
Gavin McLeod, ft. House of Chords
A 22-year-old singer-songwriter and guitar player from Milton Ontario, Gavin McLeod started playing guitar at the age of 8 and landed his first professional gig at the age of 11. Gavin’s raw guitar-based sound is rooted in classic rock and blues as well as the modern sounds of Sam Fender, James Bay, and John Mayer. From fuzzed-out blues guitar riffs to classic Neil Young inspired folk songs, Gavin has been consistently crafting his sound in the studio and at venues across North America. Gavin and his band will be performing at festivals across Ontario this Summer including RBC Ottawa Bluesfest on July 9th and Havelock Jamboree on August 20th.
Growing up Mario had a self-prescribed case of having "Two Left Feet" so he made it his mission to find that right foot and learn how to dance! Now that he's mastered his style of line dancing, he wants to pass along the fun and teach as many people as he can. Mario has been instructing for the past 6 years. His passion for line dancing is evident in his lessons and he continues to pass along this excitement and confidence to his students.
TRANSISTOR RADIO GROUP A quartet based out of the Southwestern Ontario area performing a variety of Top 40 & Classic Rock music that spans the late 60’s to what is currently popular. Over the last 6+ years, TRG has had the fortune of performing at many locations and events from head-lining rib, wing & street festivals, to playing local bars, community special events & private parties. A couple of the bands latest and more notable performance highlights in 2019 were opening for the legendary Canadian act The Spoons, performing at Guelph’s own Multicultural Festival, as well as the Rockwood, Ontario 3rd annual Party in the Park.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/transistorradiogroup/
Call or Text: 519-362-6045
What do you get when you combine a music studio owner/supply teachers, a sales rep, firefighter and a healthy care professional? Milton's own the 2 Dollar Bills. Formed in 2008, our line-up includes Rick Imus (bass guitar, backing vocals), Jim Leonard (guitar, backing vocals), Cameron Potts (drums, percussion) and and Domenic Storti (lead vocals). Our 100+ song list draws from the very best of pop, rock and dance from the 70s, 80s, '90s and the early 2000s. Our high energy show will keep you movin', groovin' and singin' into the early morning hours. We play the songs you love and the ones you haven't heard in a while or forgot you loved.
Check out our website for live videos, song list and upcoming shows:
Councillor Rick Di Lorenzo
- Sargent Farms