Job Posting - Secretary/Treasurer
The Secretary/Treasurer of the Society shall:
- Attend and keep an accurate account of the proceedings of the Board of Directors and of the general meetings of the Society, acting under the control of and with the approval of the Board of Directors;
- Conduct the correspondence of the Society;
- Keep an account of all Society records;
- Receive all monies paid to the Society and deposit these to the credit of the Society in a chartered bank.
- Keep the securities of the Society in safe custody;
- Keep proper books of account; make entries of all receipts and expenditures of the Society;
- Ensure preparation of the annual financial statements of the Society;
- Prepare reports showing the financial position of the Society as the officers may from time to time direct.
- Take bookings for rental of the buildings and/or grounds. Bookings include management of keys and deposits, completion of paperwork, verification of insurance, etc.
- Meet with individuals doing maintenance.
- Fill out grant applications, provide the Board with grant opportunity information, prepare follow-up documentation.
- Assist in sponsorship program, financial donations and in-kind donations.
- Preparation of prize list, alterations, editing and printing.
- Promotion of Fairgrounds to potential clients, (meetings, movies, events, etc.). Develop a budget in coordination with the Executive.
- Employ individuals as necessary to help during fair week and provide convenient hours for public information and entries during this period.
- Work Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Fridays 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Office to be open weekdays 2 weeks before the Fair and 1 week after.
Forward resume to:
Halton Agricultural Society
8490 Lawson Rd., Box 142
Milton, ON L9T 8T3